Oli’s Trolley is closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19. The safety of our guests and staff are of the utmost importance, and we plan to operate in accordance with federal, state, local and CDC recommendations. These procedures and protocols may be subject to change as new facts on the ground and/or information becomes available.
We have decided to delay the opening of the 2020 season to June 15, 2020 due to the situation with the COVID-19 virus.
Oli’s Trolley safety procedures and operating protocols for 2020 includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently, in order to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions.
Sanitizing and a healthy staff will be an important part of Oli’s Trolley safety procedures and operating protocols for 2020.
- Sanitizing wipes and liquid hand sanitizer dispensers at each door at the gift shop, at the kiosk, the boarding station lines, and onboard each trolley.
- Cashier stations to be wiped down between each guest/transaction.
- Trolleys will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each shift, and high touch points will be cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- Employees and guests will be subject to a touchless forehead thermometer scan
These procedures and protocols may be subject to change as new facts on the ground and/or information becomes available.
Social distancing will be an important part of Oli’s Trolley safety procedures and operating protocols for 2020.
- Observe signage to promote social distancing
- All employees and guests are required to wear face masks
- Reduced seating capacity and seating locations available on-board trolleys.
- Guests will not be permitted seating near the driver-guide.
- Limit the number of guests and require social distancing inside Oli’s Trolley Gift Shop and at Oli’s Trolley boarding station